Crispy Crunchy Turkey Bites
Deep-fried strips of turkey, coated in ground almonds and sesame seeds, are served with an apricot-mustard dipping sauce.
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 pound Honeysuckle White Breast Chops or use: 1 pound Honeysuckle White Breast Tenderloin
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1 teaspoon mustard, dry
1 teaspoon water, boiling
3/4 cup blanched almonds, finely ground
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 cups vegetable oil
- Mix the garlic, ginger, lemon juice and soy sauce in a large, sturdy, sealable plastic bag.
- Slice the turkey meat into 1-inch slices. Place the turkey in the marinade and refrigerate over night.
- For Dipping Sauce: Melt the apricot preserves in a small saucepan until smooth. In a small serving bowl, mix the mustard and hot water until smooth. Add the apricot preserves and lemon juice into the mustard mixture. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the ground almonds and sesame seeds.
- Heat about 2-inches of the oil over medium heat in a large skillet to about 350°F.
- Dip the turkey pieces into the almond-sesame mixture and deep fry several at a time until golden brown on each side, about one minute. If they brown too fast, remove the skillet from the heat for a few minutes and reduce the heat.
- Drain the turkey thoroughly on paper towels before serving hot with the dip.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.