Crostini with Figs and Nuts
Chopped figs, toasted nuts and cream cheese are combined to make a tasty topping for thin slices of toasted bread.
1 (8-ounce) package California dried figs
3/4 cup nuts, very coarsely chopped
1 (12-ounce) carton soft cream cheese
- Snip stems from figs and cut figs into small pieces.
- Toast nuts in 300°F (150°C) oven for 5 to 6 minutes, just until fragrant but not browned.
- Combine figs, nuts and cheese in food processor or mixer and process just until blended.
- Heat baguette to freshen. Cut crosswise into small slices. Spread each slice with fig mixture.
- Garnish with small edible flowers or petals. Store in refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
Makes 2 cups spread.
Recipe provided courtesy of the California Fig Advisory Board.