Crunchy Garbanzo Beans
An addicting crunchy, cheesy snack that is great for parties or as an after school snack. The garbanzo beans are baked with olive oil and rosemary and then mixed with cheese.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 (15-ounce) cans BUSH'S Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Rinse the beans in a colander, drain and dry well with a paper towel.
- Add the oil, salt and pepper to the beans and toss evenly to coat.
- Spread beans in an even layer on the baking sheet, and place in preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes, until crunchy, stirring and shaking the pan midway through baking.
- Sprinkle the rosemary evenly over the beans, and continue to cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until beans are crunchy. Some will be slightly soft in the center.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the beans to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the beans, and stir to evenly distribute the cheese.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 145; Total Fat: 5.6g; Cholesterol: 1mg; Sodium: 344mg; Total Carbs: 18.1g; Dietary Fiber: 7.4g;Protein: 5.7g
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Bush's Beans.