Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
These roasted chickpeas are a snack that can be enjoyed by all as substitute for nuts or crackers. You can also make a trail mix of popcorn, roasted chickpeas and dried fruit for a treat.
Recipe Ingredients:2 (16-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (1-ounce) packet Simply Organic's Crazy Awesome Veggies seasoning blends
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place chickpeas in bowl.
- Toss with olive oil and seasoning blend until evenly coated.
- Spread in a layer on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crisp.
Makes 2 cups.
- The spices can be anything you like and as much or as little. Rosemary, a little salt and pepper are lovely. Add some ginger, red chili flakes, salt and sesame seeds for an Asian twist. Garlic and herbs are wonderful too — the possibilities are endless!
- Chickpeas are best if eaten the same day as they will soften.
Recipe provided by www.simplyorganic.com via Brandpoint Content; Copyright 1996-2014.