Dynamite Beef Bites
Impress your friends with this easy cheesy, beef steak and jalapeño appetizer.
1 1/2 pounds beef flank or sirloin steak
1/2 cup prepared salsa
12 whole, fresh jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
1/4 cup herbed or plain cream cheese
- Slice steak into 1/4-inch thick strips, approximately 4-inches long. Cut across the grain, holding knife at an angle.
- Marinate beef strips in salsa for one hour.
- Fill each jalapeño half with 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese.
- Wrap filled jalapeños with one steak strip covering cream cheese as you wrap. Fasten steak ends with toothpick.
- Grill or broil 4-inches from heat for 4 minutes, turning after 2 minutes. Do not overcook.
Makes 24 appetizers.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Texas Beef Council and Beef It's Whats For Dinner.