A tasty flatbread appetizer with the flavor of a margherita pizza.
1 large ready-to-eat pizza crust (or similar bread)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup diced tomato
8 fresh basil leaves, sliced thin in strips (or 2 teaspoons dried or crushed)
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Toss together cheese, garlic, tomato, basil, salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture on top of bread.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese in melted.
- Cut into slices and serve immediately.
Makes 12 appetizer servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.