Just like the egg rolls from your favorite Chinese restaurant.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup finely chopped pork
1 cup coarsely chopped shrimp
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh bean sprouts
1 package egg roll wrappers
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add pork and stir fry until no longer pink. Add shrimp. Continue cooking and stirring for 1 minute. Remove to bowl.
- To skillet, add chicken broth, sherry, soy sauce, sugar, salt, garlic powder, and stir until boiling. Add cornstarch mixture stir until thickened.
- Return the pork and shrimp to the skillet and stir in green onions. Remove from heat and return mixture to bowl. Add celery, water chestnuts and bean sprouts. Drain excess liquid.
- Place 2 tablespoons mixture on each egg roll wrapper. Tuck in open end under filling and roll up, folding edges in.
- Fry in hot oil until crisp and golden brown.
Makes 24 servings.