Festive Holiday Pinwheels
Pork roast from the deli is perfect for these wraps. Have it sliced very thinly or shaved. These pinwheels are even better when made one day ahead to allow flavors to mellow together.
4 ounces very thinly sliced pork roast
2 cups broccoli florets, rinsed
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut in half
4 green onions, green ends trimmed
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas, red or green or two of each
3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chopped salted roasted almonds
- Cut broccoli, bell pepper and onions into coarse chunks. Pulse vegetables in food processor until coarsely chopped, remove and reserve.
- Cut cream cheese into chunks and whirl in food processor with horseradish, lemon juice and blue cheese.
- Return vegetables to processor and pulse just until ingredients are mixed, not puréed.
- Spread one side of each tortilla with 1/2 cup cheese mixture to the edge.
- Layer tortillas with equal portions of pork, sprinkle evenly with parsley and almonds.
- Roll tortilla snugly; set seam side down. (If making up to one day ahead, wrap airtight in plastic wrap and refrigerate).
- Cut each roll crosswise into six equal pieces and arrange on a platter.
Cranberry Variation: In food processor whirl together 8 ounces cream cheese, 3/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce; spread equal portions on four flour tortillas, top with thinly sliced roast pork, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and watercress or radish sprouts. Roll up and serve as above.
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.