Flavorful Garlic Shrimp Toast
This tasty toast appetizer, which offers a mouthwatering blend of garlic and shrimp, makes a great-tasting complement to your family's favorite holiday meals.
1 (10-count) bag Sister Schubert's Dinner Yeast Rolls, thawed
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic
1 teaspoon fresh chopped tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 tablespoon hot sauce
2 tablespoons chopped parley
1 1/2 pounds (32 to 37 count) raw shrimp, defrosted and drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut top third section off each roll. Save lid. Scoop out center from each roll and transfer bread pieces to a bowl. Crumble bread pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, salt, garlic, tarragon, hot sauce and parsley.
- Spread some of the butter mixture into each hollow space. Fill each opening with shrimp and sprinkle tops with 1 tablespoon bread crumbs. Spread remaining butter mixture on shrimp and top each with bread lid. Wrap each roll in aluminum foil.
- Place on a baking pan and bake 10 minutes.
- Unwrap each roll and bake 4 to 6 minutes or until shrimp are cooked thoroughly. Serve warm.
Makes 10 appetizer servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Sister Schubert's® Homemade Rolls; through ECES, Inc., Electronic Color Editorial Services.