Florida Blue Crab Stuffed Portabellas
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 dashes hot pepper sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1 pound Florida blue crab meat, drained, shell pieces removed
2 tablespoons cracker meal
12 fresh Florida Portabella mushrooms, 2 to 3-inch diameter
2 tablespoons prepared Italian dressing
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl. Gently fold in crabmeat and cracker meal.
- Remove mushroom stems; brush caps with Italian dressing and place in a baking pan stem-side up.
- Fill mushrooms with crab mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crab meat begins to brown.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 130; Calories From Fat: 62; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 58mg; Total Carbs: 6g; Protein: 10g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.