Game Day Hashbrown Chili Dip
Hashbrowns make a crispy topping for this layered chili bean dip. Serve this tasty dip warm during the first half, or put into the oven during a commercial in time for the halftime break.
1 (4.2-ounce) carton Hungry Jack Premium or Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes
2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese (regular or reduced fat)
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened (regular or reduced fat)
1 (14-ounce) can your favorite chili
1 cup frozen or canned corn kernels
1 (10-ounce) can Southwest-style diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup sliced green onions
Tortillas or tortilla chips
Hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Fill hashbrowns carton to fill line with hot tap water. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain any excess water.
- Combine hashbrowns and cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- Spread softened cream cheese on the bottom of a 2-quart or 9 by 9-inch casserole dish.
- Layer chili, corn, tomatoes and green onion over cream cheese.
- Spread hashbrown mixture over the top of the casserole; spray top of potatoes generously with cooking spray.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with soft tortillas or tortilla chips and hot sauce if desired.
Makes 6 appetizer servings.
Recipe and photograph provided by www.hungryjackpotatoes.com via Brandpoint Content; Copyright 1996-2014.