Garden Fresh Pizza Squares
Refrigerated crescent rolls form the crust for these tasty veggie appetizer squares.
1 (8-ounce) tube refrigerated crescent dinner roll dough
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup (3-ounces) freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons ranch dressing
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 cup coarsely chopped red, yellow or green pepper
1 cup very small broccoli florets
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Unroll crescent dough onto a nonstick cookie sheet. Pinch perforations together and press out dough to fit a 12 x 9-inch cookie sheet. Pinch 1/4-inch of dough around all edges of the sheet to form a rim.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Keep crust on cookie sheet and transfer to a wire cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, ranch dressing and desired amounts of hot sauce or pepper. Spread mixture over cooled crust.
- Form one straight row of cherry tomatoes, one row of peppers, one row of broccoli and one row of carrots over the cheese to resemble a garden. Press vegetables in firmly. If desired, sprinkle pizza lightly with salt. Cut into 3-inch squares.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to three days.
Makes 12 appetizer servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.