Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
These miniature lobster cheesecakes make
an elegant appetizer or first course. Recipe by Chef Scott Johnson.
Grand Cru Gruyère
and Lobster Cheesecakes
- 1 cup Wisconsin Roth Käse Grand Cru
Gruyère cheese, shredded
1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup lobster meat
6 ounces Wisconsin Roth Käse Grand Cru Gruyère cheese,
cut in 4 thick slices
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In food processor, pulse shredded Gruyère
and cream cheese until mixture is smooth. Add lemon zest, lemon
juice, eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Pulse to incorporate. Scrape
mixture into medium bowl. Fold in lobster meat.
- Spray four (4-ounce) baking dishes, such
as ramekins, with cooking spray. Place in a deep baking pan.
Divide cheesecake mixture evenly among dishes. Add warm water
to pan to depth of 1 inch up sides of individual dishes. Cover
- Bake cheesecakes 50 to 60 minutes or until
- Remove pan from oven and cool 10 minutes.
- Remove cheesecakes from dishes and place,
uneven side up, on serving plates. Top with cheese slices.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.