Green Chile Sourdough Bites
A tasty green chile mixture is spread atop bite-sized pieces of sourdough bread and baked until bubbly and crisp.
1 (4-ounce) can diced mild green chiles
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 pound Jack cheese, shredded
1 loaf sourdough bread, cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix chiles, butter and mayonnaise until smooth. Add cheese and stir to combine.
- Spread chile mixture on bread pieces.
- Place in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake until bubbly and crisp.
Makes about 48 appetizer servings.