Grilling pizza is a great way to get the same great smoky taste that a wood-burning oven creates.
Store bought pizza dough (or use your favorite recipe)
2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
12 fresh basil leaves, chiffanade
2 small plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring the dough to room temperature.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat and place the stone pizza grill on and close.
- Dust pizza peel and dough with corn meal and dust your hands and dough with flour.
- Give the pizza peel a shake before adding the toppings to make sure it hasn't stuck to the peel.
- To the dough add cheese, tomatoes, basil, and season with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Let the pizza grill undisturbed for 4 minutes and then check the bottom and grill for about 4 minutes longer.
- Before you serve top with fresh basil sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of SummerKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.