Grilled Wahoo Bruschetta
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
4 wahoo fillets, skin on
1 loaf ciabatta bread, sliced
1 clove garlic, peeled
3 tablespoons olive oil - divided use
1 (14-ounce) can of borlotti beans (or cannellini)
4 ounces watercress (or baby spinach), washed
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
4 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place the sliced ciabatta on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Toss beans and watercress together. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and balsamic over mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine parsley with black pepper.
- Rub the skinless side of the wahoo fillets with the olive oil then coat with herb and pepper mixture.
- Heat a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan, and cook the fish (pepper side first) for 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- Remove ciabatta from the oven and rub each slice with the garlic clove. Arrange slices onto serving plates and drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Pile the borlotti bean salad onto the toasted bread and top each with the wahoo fillets. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.