Grilled Shrimp with Feta
Grilled shrimp is drizzled with a vinaigrette and sprinkled with feta cheese, garnished with fresh mint and served with sliced French bread.
1 pound raw, medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
1/2 cup olive oil, extra-virgin preferred
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Garlic salt to taste
3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
Thinly sliced French bread
Sprigs of fresh mint
- Soak skewers in water for at least 1 hour. This will help to prevent them from burning.
- Place shrimp in a nonreactive bowl, such as glass or stainless steel. Drizzle with olive oil and top with fresh mint. Gently toss, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Thread shrimp on skewers, about 5 on each skewer.
- Grill or broil shrimp, about 2 minutes per side, or until pink and fully cooked. Place on platter.
- Prepare vinaigrette. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup olive oil, vinegars and garlic salt to taste.
- Using a fork, push shrimp off skewers and place in center of platter. Drizzle vinaigrette on top of shrimp and sprinkle with feta. Surround with sliced bread. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.