Ham and Green Chile Bite Size Quiche
Tender, cheesy and savory custards in flaky pastry shells make elegant finger food for any buffet —and can be made ahead and reheated.
3/4 to 1 cup finely diced ham
3 to 4 tablespoons chopped canned green chiles
1/4 cup minced green onion
1 2/3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
Pastry for a double-crust pie (homemade or purchased)
5 large eggs
1 2/3 cups sour cream
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry dough 1/16-inch thick. Using a 3-inch cutter, cut out 42 circles; re-roll scraps as needed. Fit circles into bottoms and slightly up sides of lightly greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pans.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together ham, chiles, onion and cheese and divide equally among muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat together eggs, add sour cream and stir until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each muffin cup.
- Bake until puffed and light brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes; lift out.
- Serve warm or let cool on wire racks.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen.
Tip: Can be made ahead, wrap cooled quiches airtight, and refrigerate overnight. Reheat, uncovered, in a 350°F (175°C) oven for about 10 minutes.
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.