Hors d’oeuvres Plate
A festive party appetizer platter that gives your guests a variety of delicious choices to choose from.
1 cup prepared blue cheese dressing
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 teaspoon dried chives
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
1 teaspoon finely chopped carrot
6 to 8 pea pods
8 pita pockets, cut into halves (makes 16 mini-pockets)
2 cups prepared salmon, tuna or egg salad
6 to 8 mushroom caps, cleaned
1/2 cup prepared Greek feta cheese dressing
2/3 cups bread crumbs
- In a small bowl, combine blue cheese dressing, cream cheese, chives, cayenne, carrot, mixing well.
- Fill pea pods with blue cheese dressing mixture.
- Fill pita pockets with salmon, tuna or egg salad.
- Fill mushroom caps with Greek feta cheese dressing mixed with the bread crumbs. Broil mushrooms 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve everything on a decorative platter.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy Renée’s Gourmet, member of The Association For Dressings and Sauces.