A delicious hot appetizer, complete with a buttery cracker crumb crust.
2/3 cup round buttery cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup sour cream
3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup prepared horseradish
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives
1 (2-ounce) jar pimentos
- For Cracker Crust: Combine crumbs and butter, stirring well. Firmly press mixture evenly on bottom and 1-inch up sides of a springform pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- For Filling: Combine cream cheese, eggs and sour cream. Add cheese.
- Drain horseradish, olives and pimentos and add to cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into prepared crust. Place springform pan in pan of hot water.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for approximately 45 minutes or until browned.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.