Hot Crab Starter
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
1 large avocado
Fresh lemon juice
4 ounces mixed crabmeat
4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
1 teaspoon tomato purée
Few drops Tabasco® brand Pepper Sauce
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 slices prosciutto ham
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Halve the avocado and remove stone. Scoop out the centers and place the skins to one side.
- Chop avocado and sprinkle with lemon juice. Add remaining ingredients, except the ham, and mix well.
- Fill avocado shells and top each with a scrunched slice of ham.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crab mixture is hot and ham is crisp.
Makes 2 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.