Light Caramel Corn-Cereal Snack Mix
A tasty, lower-calorie carmel corn and cereal snack mix.
1 (16-ounce) box corn, oat, rice or wheat squares cereal*
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups ready-made, fat-free caramel corn
- Heat oven to 250°F (120°C). Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place cereal in pan.
- Place butter in 2-cup microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds or until melted. Stir in sugar, syrup and vanilla; mix well. Pour over cereal; stir to coat evenly.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven; stir in caramel corn.
- Transfer to baking sheet, spreading mixture in even layer.
- Cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Makes about 12 cups.
*Or a combination of cereals to equal 8 cups.