Maine Lobster and Chèvre Cheesecakes
These savory cheesecakes are made with Chèvre, or goat cheese. Be creative; vary the fresh herbs and seek out Chèvres from your local farmers' market.
8-ounces reduced fat cream cheese at room temperature
8-ounces Chèvre (try flavors like wild mushroom or spring herb)
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (May also use fresh tarragon, basil, thyme or chervil)
1/2 pound Maine lobster meat, cooked and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease three 1 cup ramekins.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and goat cheese together until the mixture has a smooth consistency with no lumps.
- Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the chopped herbs and fold in the Maine lobster.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekins.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and set.
- Serve Maine Lobster and Chèvre Cheesecakes hot from the oven with crusty French bread or crackers. The three cheesecakes will serve 6 to 10 people as an hors d'oeuvre or appetizer.
- The uncooked cheesecakes may also be frozen and baked directly from the freezer. Adjust baking time accordingly.
Makes 3 cheesecakes (each cheesecake serves 6 to 10 people).
Nutritional Information Per Cheesecake: 502 calories, 42 grams protein, 7 grams carbohydrates, 33 grams fat, 838 mg. sodium, less than 1 gram fiber.
Recipe provided courtesy of Maine Lobster Promotion Council.