Mango Marinated Stone Crab Claws
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
3 pounds medium Florida stone crab claws, cooked
2 cups ripe mango, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
1 to 2 Florida jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
Florida salad greens for accompaniment
- Crack claws; remove shell and movable pincer leaving meat attached to the remaining pincer.
- Place in a single layer in a shallow dish.
- To make salsa marinade: combine mango, cilantro, peppers, lime juice and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add more lime juice and/or brown sugar, packed to taste.
- Spoon the salsa mixture over the meaty part of crab claws.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Serve claws as an appetizer on a bed of salad greens with mango salsa on the side.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 132; Calories From Fat: 3; Total Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 45mg; Total Carbs: 19g; Protein: 60g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.