Meatball & Veggie Platter
Instead of deli meats, meatballs take center stage on this appetizer platter.
20 frozen fully-cooked, original flavor beef meatballs
2 cups broccoli florets
2 tablespoons water
1/2 mediume cucumber
1 cup baby carrots
2/3 cup prepared ranch dressing
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place ranch dressing and Parmesan cheese in small bowl. Stir to mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Place broccoli and water in 1-quart microwave safe casserole. Cover and microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until broccoli is starting to get tender.
- Using pot holders, remove casserole and uncover. Using slotted spoon, transfer broccoli to a large serving platter.
- Cut cucumber crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Place meatballs on papertowel-lined microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, arrange broccoli, cucumber, carrots and bowl of sauce on platter, leaving room for meatballs.
- Using pot holders, remove plate of meatballs from microwave. Using tongs, place meatballs on platter.
- Serve with toothpicks for dipping.
Makes 20 appetizer servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Texas Beef Council and Beef It's Whats For Dinner.