A great idea for your Cinco de Mayo party
- or anytime you need a fast, delicious and nutritious appetizer.
Mexican Party Pizza
- 1 (16-ounce) can BUSH'S BEST Kidney Beans,
rinsed and drained
3/4 cup salsa
1 (12-inch) thin prepared pizza crust (low in fat)
1 1/4 cups reduced fat shredded Cheddar cheese
6 yellow or green bell pepper thin rings
2 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or green onions
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Place 3/4 cup BUSH'S BEST Kidney Beans
in small bowl and partially mash with potato masher or back of
wooden spoon. Add salsa; mix well.
- Spread bean mixture evenly over pizza
crust. Top pizza with cheese, remaining beans, peppers and onions.
- Place pizza on baking sheet; bake for
12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Top with cilantro; cut into 12 thin wedges.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories:
340; Total Fat: 6.6g; Cholesterol: 12mg; Sodium: 848mg; Total
Carbs: 49.9g; Dietary Fiber: 6.3g; Protein: 21.4g
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy
of Bush's Beans.