Nacho Beef Dip
A fun, cheesy ground beef and salsa dip made creamier with a jar of cheese dip. (Smiley face design optional!)
1 pound 95% lean ground beef
1 (15 to 15.5-ounce) jar prepared cheese dip
1/2 cup prepared mild or medium chunky salsa
1/2 small red bell pepper
2 green onions (optional)
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
Blue, yellow and/or white corn tortilla chips
- Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up into small crumbles.
- Remove beef from skillet with slotted spoon and place in 9-inch microwave-safe round baking dish. Add cheese dip and salsa. Microwaave, uncovered, on HIGH for 2 minutes
- Using pot holders, stir beef mixture carefully. Continue to microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 to 4 minutes longer until heated through.
- Meanwhile, cut bell pepper into 1/4-inch pieces. Cut green onions crosswise into thin slices.
- Using pot holders, remove pie plate from microwave. Stir beef mixture carefully. Let stand 1 minute.
- Sprinkle top of beef mixture with bell pepper, green onions and olives. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): 185 calories (82 from beef); 15 g protein; 6 g carbohydrate; 9 g fat; 682 mg sodium; 46 mg cholesterol; 3.2 mg niacin; 0.2 mg vitamin B6; 1.1 mcg vitamin B12; 1.4 mg iron; 3.0 mg zinc.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Texas Beef Council and Beef It's Whats For Dinner.