Mexican-style pizzas, flour tortillas are baked until crisp then spread with salsa and topped with black olives, pepperoni, green pepper and cheddar cheese and baked until toppings are hot and bubbly.
4 medium-sized flour tortillas
1 cup prepared chunky salsa
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 cups (8 ounces) Wisconsin cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- Bake tortillas at 425°F (220°C) for 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted; set aside.
- In a small bowl, blend salsa, basil and oregano. Spread 1/4 cup salsa mixture over each toasted tortilla.
- Divide cheese, olives, pepperoni and green pepper among the tortillas, topping each tortilla evenly.
- Place pizzettas on baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Cut each pizzetta into quarters; serve immediately.
Makes 16 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.