Oriental Cereal Snack Mix
One bite of this addictive cereal snack mix with it's Asian seasoning, peanuts, cashews and crunchy chow mein noodles will lead to another, and another.
1 (16-ounce) box corn, oat, rice or wheat squares cereal*
1/2 cup peanuts
1/2 cup cashews
1 (3-ounce) can chow mein noodles (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/3 cup peanut or vegetable oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat oven to 250ºF (120º C).
- In 13 x 9-inch baking pan, combine cereal, chow mein noodles, peanuts and cashews; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine oil, soy sauce, garlic powder and onion powder; blend well. Quickly pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Transfer to baking sheet, spreading mixture in even layer.
- Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Makes about 10 cups.
*Or a combination of cereals to equal 8 cups.