Lean chicken breast pieces are marinated for flavor and then steamed in little packets so they stay tender.
6 (about 1 1/2 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
2 teaspoons cooking sherry or rice wine
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place chicken in medium bowl. Add soy sauce, ginger, sherry, sugar, vegetable oil, pepper and sesame oil; stir to combine. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cut sixteen 6-inch-square pieces of heavy-duty foil. Fold each square in half to form a rectangle. Make two 1/4-inch folds on each short side, leaving the long side open, forming a packet.
- Place scant 1/4 cup chicken mixture in each foil packet. Double fold the open edge to tightly seal. Place packets on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Open one packet to test for doneness; chicken should no longer be pink.
Makes 16 appetizer servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 50 Calories from Fat: 10 Total Fat: 1 g Saturated Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 25 mg Sodium: 220 mg Carbohydrates: 1 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 1 g Protein: 10 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.