Peppered Ham and Cheese Crackers
These rich and savory crackers are easy to stir up and bake. A perfect use for leftover ham, you can make dough ahead of time and keep in the freezer. Remove dough from freezer about an hour before slicing or shaping to bake.
1/2 cup ground ham
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine ham, butter, Cheddar, Parmesan, paprika, salt and pepper in food processor; whirl until blended. Add flour. Pulse with on-and-off motions until blended.
- Put dough in cookie press, using desired shape. Press out dough onto ungreased cookie sheet, spacing 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes until dark golden in color.
- Cool on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately. Or freeze up to 3 weeks.
Makes 5 dozen crackers.
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.