Pepperoni Pizza Dip
This warm, Italian-layered appetizer dip is always a big hit at gatherings.
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning*
1/2 cup pizza sauce
2 ounces (1/2 cup) chopped pepperoni
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup (2 ounces) mozzarella cheese, shredded
Corn chips or crisp breadsticks
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In small mixer bowl beat sour cream, cream cheese and Italian seasoning on medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth (1 to 2 minutes).
- Spread evenly into 9-inch quiche or pie pan. Spread with pizza sauce. Top with pepperoni and green onions.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with cheese. Continue baking for 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with corn chips.
*Substitute 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil leaves, dried marjoram leaves, dried oregano leaves and 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage.
Makes 12 servings.