Potato and Ham Croquettes with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Crispy potato croquettes laced with bits of smoked ham are served with a creamy roasted red pepper sauce.
2 large (about 1 1/2 pounds total) russet potatoes, cooked and cooled
1 cup finely chopped, cooked, smoked ham
4 large eggs - divided use
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella or panela cheese
1 MAGGI Beef Ribs Flavor Bouillon Tablet, dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
1 cup plain bread crumbs
3/4 cup vegetable oil for frying
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce:
1 (7.6-ounce) can NESTLÉ Media Crema (a Mexican-style thick cream)
1/2 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
1 tablespoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cover baking sheet with wax paper; set aside.
- Smash potatoes with fork in large bowl; add ham, 1 egg, parsley, cheese and bouillon mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Beat remaining 3 eggs in medium bowl. Place bread crumbs on plate. Form 1/4 cup potato mixture into balls and flatten into 2-inch rounds; dip in eggs. Dip croquettes into bread crumbs, turning to coat. Place croquettes on prepared baking sheet.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add croquettes in batches; cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until crisp and golden brown. Place on paper towels to drain. Serve warm with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce.
- For Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce: Place media crema, bell peppers, seasoning sauce and lemon juice in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Makes 15 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/15 of recipe): Calories: 190 Calories from Fat: 100 Total Fat: 12 g Saturated Fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 80 mg Sodium: 340 mg Carbohydrates: 15 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 1 g Protein: 7 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.