Potato Salad Deviled Eggs with Bacon
This extraordinary recipe takes classic deviled eggs to the next level in both taste and texture.
12 hard-boiled eggs*
1 cup finely diced cooked potato
1 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup prepared mustard
2 tablespoons cooked crumbled bacon
- Peel eggs; cut lengthwise in half. Remove yolks to small bowl. Reserve whites.
- Mash yolks with fork. Add potato, dressing and mustard; mix well.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon yolk mixture into each egg white half.
- Refrigerate, covered, to blend flavors.
- Garnish with bacon before serving.
Makes 24 deviled egg halves.
*Place eggs in single layer in sauce pan. Add water to cover eggs at least 1-inch. Cover and bring to boiling. Turn off heat. Let eggs stand, covered, 15 minutes for large eggs. Immediately drain and run cold water over eggs until completely cooled.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 78; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 110mg; Total Carbs: 2g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 130mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.