Praline Cereal Snack Mix
A sweet, crunchy caramel-coated cereal snack mix, similar to caramel corn.
1 (16-ounce) box corn, oat, rice, or wheat squares cereal*
2 cups pecan pieces
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 250ºF (120º). Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cereal and pecans in pan; mix well.
- In large microwaveable bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup and butter. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute 30 seconds; stir. Microwave an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds or until boiling.
- Stir vanilla and baking soda into sugar mixture. Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat evenly.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Transfer to baking sheet, spreading mixture in even layer. Cool completely; break into pieces.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Makes 10 cups.
*Or a combination of cereals to equal 8 cups.