Quick and Easy Meatball Appetizers
A party favorite, these appetizer meatballs are served in a simple sweet and sour sauce made with two ingredients: chili sauce and apricot-pineapple preserves.
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
3/4 cup quick oats
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Sweet & Sour Sauce:
1 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup apricot-pineapple preserves
- Heat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Place on rack in shallow baking pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until meatballs are to medium doneness (160°F).
- Meanwhile, prepare Sweet and Sour Sauce: In small saucepan, combine chili sauce and apricot-pineapple preserves and heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs to sauce and serve.
Makes 4 dozen appetizers.