Roasted Corn Salsa
Aromatic cilantro and sweet corn turn this crowd pleaser into a real southwestern treat. No fresh corn? Frozen corn roasted or straight from the package works, too.
4 ears yellow corn, husked
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large red tomato, seeded and chopped
1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and deveined
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons diced red pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- In medium bowl, combine corn and remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Bring to room temperature before using.
Makes about 4 cups.
Roasting Corn Oven method:
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Brush corn with olive oil.PLACE ears of corn on a baking sheet.
- Roast 15 to 20 minutes until ears start to turn a light golden brown.
Roasting Corn Grill method:
- Place ears of corn directly on grill. (olive oil is not needed)
- Grill corn until corn turns a bright yellow with some of the kernels having turned black from the grilling process. (About 10 to 15 minutes on a hot grill.)