Salmon Gravlax on Havarti Crostini
Slices of toasted multi-grain baguette are spread with a dill mustard, topped with a slice of havarti cheese and a rolled or folded slice of salmon gravlax, and garnished with a sprig of fresh dill.
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 ounce white wine
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 multi-grain baguettes
8 ounces Havarti cheese
1 pound salmon gravlax (smoked salmon may be substituted), sliced paper thin
1 bunch fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- For the Dill Mustard: Combine all ingredients.
- For the Crostini: Cut each baguette on the bias into 18 crostini. Lightly toast the slices in the oven and cool.
- Thinly slice the cheese into triangles approximately the size of the crostini.
- On each baguette slice, spread a small amount of the dill mustard, and then place one slice of cheese. Follow with a rolled or folded slice of gravlax. Garnish with a small sprig of fresh dill.
Makes about 50 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.