Salsa Steak Sticks
One bite of these marinated and grilled beef steak appetizers calls for another, and another, and so on.
1 1/2 pounds top sirloin steak, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1 cup medium salsa
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
32 small wooden skewers
- Mix salsa, vegetable oil, lemon pepper, seasoned salt and garlic powder together in a glass dish or large sealable plastic bag.
- Marinate beef cubes for 2 to 6 hours in refrigerator.
- Thread two beef cubes onto each 4-inch wooden skewer.
- Grill over medium coals for 5 to 7 minutes. Turn occasionally.
Makes 32 appetizers.
- Steak sticks can also be broiled 3 to 4-inches from heat.
- Soak wooden skewers in water before threading beef so skewers will not burn.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Texas Beef Council and Beef It's Whats For Dinner.