Sausage and Fontina Cheese Dunkin’ Balls
Favorite flavors come together for bite-sized sausage nibbles for dipping in spaghetti or pizza sauce. Try them for your teenagers next sleep over, or for a family Friday supper.
1 pound Italian sausage
1 cup buttermilk baking mix
2 cups shredded Fontina cheese
1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
1/4 cup minced onion
1 cup spaghetti or pizza sauce, heated
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a jelly roll pan (15x10x1-inch) with foil; spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In food processor, combine sausage, baking mix, cheese, fennel and onion; process with on-and-off pulses to blend. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; place in pan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink in center.
- Serve warm with toothpicks and spaghetti or pizza sauce.
Makes about 48 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.