Savory Cheesecake with Pear and Onion Jam
This savory caramelized onion tart is wonderful served warm or at room temperature.
1 3/4 pounds cream cheese, softened
1/2 pound Wisconsin Asiago cheese, shredded
1/2 pound Wisconsin Blue cheese, crumbled
5 large eggs
1/3 cup whipping cream
Pear Onion Jam:
4 cups (3 medium) onions, sliced 1/8 inch
2 cups (4 medium) firm pears, peeled and chopped
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- To make Cheesecake: Heat oven to 325°F (160°C). Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by wrapping aluminum foil around base and outside of pan.
- In large food processor, combine cream cheese, Asiago cheese and Blue cheese. Process until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, whipping cream and a pinch of white pepper. Process until smooth, 1 minute.
- Pour cheese mixture into springform pan. Place springform pan in roasting pan; fill around cheesecake pan with one inch warm water.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until top of cheesecake is golden brown and center is set.
- Cool completely; remove aluminum foil and side of pan.
- Serve cheesecake at room temperature with Pear Onion Jam.
- To make Jam: In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over high heat; add onions. Cook, stirring constantly, until onions begin to brown. Reduce heat; continue simmering, stirring constantly, until onion is caramelized.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until pears are crisply tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour glaze over pear and onion mixture. Stir until well-mixed; cool. Serve jam at room temperature.
Makes 24 appetizer servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.