Smoked Chicken and Grape Bruschetta
Recipe courtesy of California Table Grape Commission.
1 1/2 cups red, green or blue-black seedless grapes, halved
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 French bread baguette
8 ounces smoked chicken/turkey breast (1 3/4 cup), either shredded or cut into bite-size strips
12 ounces shredded fontina, port salut, or Monterey Jack cheese
1 tablespoon snapped chives
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven broiler to 550°F (287.7°C).
- In a small bowl combine garlic, olive oil and salt. Set aside.
- Slice baguette on bias into 1/2-inch thick slices. Brush baguette slices with garlic-oil and place on cookie sheet. Toast in broiler about 1 to 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from broiler. Bread should be crisp on the outside, but still soft in the center.
- On each slice of bread place about 1 tablespoon chicken/turkey breast and 3 grape halves, then top with 2 tablespoons shredded cheese.
- Place cookie sheet about 8 inches away from broiler and broil for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Place on serving platter and sprinkle with snapped chives and pepper.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 125; Calories From Fat: 68; Total Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 24mg; Total Carbs: 3g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 7g; Sodium: 154mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Table Grape Commission.