Smoked Fish Timbales
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority.
Outer leaves of 2 leeks
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup risotto rice
15-ounce chicken or fish stock (made with half a stock cube)
8 ounces smoked cod or whiting fillets, skinned and finely cubed
3 tablespoons half-and-half
1 large egg, beaten
Freshly ground black pepper
Lemon or lime to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cut the leek leaves into strips, about 1-inch width. Blanch for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and cool under cold running water.
- Lightly grease 6 ramekin dishes. Line with the leek leaves, leaving the ends overhanging.
- Cook the rice in the stock for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the fish, cream, egg and pepper. Spoon into the ramekin dishes. Fold over the leek leaves.
- Cover and place the ramekin dishes into a large roasting pan half filled with hot water. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Place onto a serving plate and serve hot or cold as a starter with bread, garnished with lemon or lime.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 131; Total Fat: 7g; Total Carbs: 7g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 10g.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.