Smoked Salmon Appetizer
This smoked salmon appetizer is a classic.
8 ounces smoked salmon (lox-style)
1/2 cup finely diced red onion
1 hardboiled egg, minced
3 tablespoons capers
1 container cream cheese, softened to room temperature
Cocktail-size rye or pumpernickel bread
Fresh dill sprigs
- Layout smoked salmon on a plate or tray.
- Thinly slice a lemon and arrange on the platter around the salmon.
- Finely dice red onion and plate.
- Now halve hard boil egg and remove the yolk.
- Run the white through a coarse strainer over the platter and repeat with the yolk.
- Plate the capers, cream cheese, cocktail-size rye and pumpernickel bread.
- Garnish with some herbs like parsley and dill.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and video provided courtesy of SummerKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.