Spicy Scallop Dumplings
This tasty recipe for spicy scallop dumplings is compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
1/2 pound fresh scallops, finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
1 1/2 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
24 to 26 round (gyoza) dumpling wrappers
2 tablespoons canola oil - divided use
1 cup water - divided use
Soy and Chili Dipping Sauce (recipe follows)
- Combine scallops, onion, seasoning sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil in large bowl; mix well.
- Dip one edge of wrapper into water. Spoon about 1 1/2 teaspoons of scallop mixture into center of wrapper. Work with 1 wrapper at a time (cover remaining wrappers to keep them from drying). Fold the wrapper over to form a half circle, pressing the dry edge on to the wet edge. Pinch the edges together to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Place dumplings on baking sheet. Cover loosely with a towel to keep them from drying.
- Mix 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 cup water in large, nonstick skillet. Arrange half of the dumplings in a winding circle in the skillet, leaving just a little space between each one. Cover; cook over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until dumplings turn light brown and puff up.
- Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/2 cup water and dumplings. Serve warm with Soy and Chili Dipping Sauce.
- For Soy and Chili Dipping Sauce: Combine 1/4 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion, 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a small bowl.
Makes 24 to 26 dumplings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 50 Calories from Fat: 15 Total Fat: 2 g Saturated Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 5 mg Sodium: 360 mg Carbohydrates: 6 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 1 g Protein: 2 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.