Spinach Sausage Turnovers
This is a great appetizer choice for your next gathering.
1 (12-ounce) package frozen spinach soufflé
1/2 pound Italian sausage
1/2 cup minced green onions
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 (17.25-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Thaw spinach soufflé in the microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes; set aside.
- Cook sausage and green onion in a medium skillet, stirring until sausage crumbles; drain. Stir in spinach soufflé, cheese, and pepper.
- Roll each pastry sheet into a 15-x12-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 3-inch squares.
- Pipe about 1 tablespoon spinach mixture from a plastic bag into center of each square. Moisten edges of pastry with water, and fold in half to form a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal, and place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) for 12 to 15 minutes or until browned. Serve immediately.
Makes 40 appetizers.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.