Stuffed Crust Pizza Snacks
This recipe for stuffed crust pizza snacks was created by Ellen Hyde Culpepper, VA 2000 Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest.
2 cans Pillsbury® Refrigerated Pizza Crust
8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, cut into 48 cubes
48 slices pepperoni
1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F (205°C). Spray two 9-inch pie pans or one 13 x 9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove dough from both cans; unroll. Starting at center, press out each dough rectangle to form a 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Cut each rectangle into 24 squares.
- Top each square with cheese cubes and a pepperoni slice. Wrap dough around filling to completely cover; firmly press edges to seal. Place seam side down with sides touching in sprayed pie pans.
- In a small bowl, combine oil and Italian seasoning; mix well. Drizzle over filled dough in pans. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 16 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Makes 48 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Dairy Association.