Sugar Glazed Pecans
Your guests will love munching on these sweet, crunchy nuts.
4 large egg, whites only
1/2 cup champagne or ginger ale
2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cups granulated sugar
8 cups pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Spray two (15x10x1-inch) baking pans with nonstick coating spray.
- Separate eggs and in a large bowl whisk egg whites.
- Add 1/2 a cup of champagne or ginger ale, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, sugar and pecan halves.
- Now fold this together until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture out onto the baking pans.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 250°F (120°C) for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the coating is absorbed and the pecans appear dry, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Separate the pecans into a single layer with two forks.
- When they are cooled store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Makes 32 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of SummerKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.