Sun-Dried Tomato & Caramelized Onion Tapenade
Slather this spread on toast points or tuck a scoop into the hollow of endive leaves for a quick and impressive hors d'oeuvre.
4 cups sliced white onions
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 cup sun dried tomato (no oil)
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1/4 cup chicken broth
- Heat olive oil in large skillet, add onions and sugar and cook 15 minutes to caramelize onions. Stir occasionally.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, pepper, salt, garlic, and fresh herbs. Continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, remove sprigs of herbs and transfer ingredients to food processor.
- Blend in processor while adding chicken broth; purée to desired consistency.
- Serve with toasted French bread.
Makes 4 servings.