Terrific Trail Snack Mix
Enjoy this 'take-along' snack mix anytime, any where.
3 cups corn, oat, rice or wheat squares cereal*
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup candy-coated milk chocolate candies
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In large bowl, combine cereal, oats and peanuts.
- In small bowl, combine honey and oil; mix well. Add to cereal mixture; mix well.
- Spread cereal mixture in single layer on 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, stirring a few times during baking. Remove from oven; stir to loosen mix from pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Stir in raisins and candy. Store tightly covered.
Makes 7 cups.
*Or a combination of cereals.